Mr. Sauvé received his B.S.Agr. from the University of Montreal in 1955 and was awarded the Lieutenant-Governor's Medal of Québec. In 1959 he completed his graduate studies in landscape architecture, ornamental horticulture, communications, and urban design at Cornell University. After graduation, he worked for the Quebec Ministry of Agriculture, and for the urban design firm of Lahaye & Robert until 1967 when he established his own consulting firm in Montreal. From 1970 until 1973, he was project manager for landscape architecture, urban design, and regional planning in the multi disciplinary firm of Beauchemin, Beaton, Lapointe Inc. of Montreal. Mr. Sauvé was President of the Association des architectes paysagistes du Québec from 1974 until 1976 and from 1978 until 1979. He also held memberships in the Order of Agrologists of Québec and the International Society of Arboriculture. From 1973 onwards, Mr. Sauvé worked in private practice in Montreal, handling projects in landscape architecture, urban design, park and site planning, master planning, and environmental impact studies.
Year of Investiture: