Committee Activities and Initiatives
Since its founding in early 2021, the Cultural Landscapes and Legacy Committee has:
- Developed its Terms of Reference and received CSLA Board approval on the TOR
- Provided advice to the CSLA Board on the endorsement of the proposed designation of the Scarboro Subdivision (originally called Sunalta Addition) in Calgary, Alberta as a significant cultural heritage landscape.
- Addressed the issue of the Ontario Place redevelopment in a letter.
About the Committee on Cultural Landscapes and Legacy
In the Fall of 2020, the Committee on Cultural Landscapes and Legacy was established by the Board of the CSLA and, since then, the Committee has established refined its mandate and scope, and established the following objectives:
- Build awareness about the importance of legacy to the profession
- Establish a national database of landscape assets, identifying those cultural landscapes and landscape architects that merit celebration
- Provide research resources and build awareness within the profession and the broader community
- Employ tools so to advocate for threatened cultural landscapes on a national basis through political engagement and public awareness
- Showcase, through various means, landscapes of cultural interest from across the country and/or bodies of work to a broader public and professional audience
Carolyn Woodland (Board Champion)
John Zvonar (Chair)
Michelle Legault (Ex-Officio)