Thanks to the 90th Anniversary Task Force for putting in place the elements of our celebration : Vincent Asselin, Mike Evans, Shannon Loewen, Alissa North, Barry Yanchyshyn, David Bodnarchuk, Kanwal Aftab, and Linda A. Irvine. Staff: Michelle Legault and Katherine Velluso
Celebrating the Past | Imagining the Future: CSLA Celebrates its 90th Anniversary in 2024
Join us this year in celebrating the founding of the CSLA!
We will be celebrating throughout 2024 with several initiatives planned by the CSLA’s 90th Anniversary Task Force. This task force put in place a plan of activities and coordinated the initiatives.
A Glimpse of the Celebrations
- The CSLA’s 90th anniversary celebrations will include:
- A special 90th anniversary logo
- Launch of a historic timeline.
- Video series on the profession’s history by Ron Williams.
- 2024 CSLA-MALA Congress themed on the origins of the profession and its future.
- Celebrating other significant anniversaries, like the LACF’s 35th and the MALA’s 50th .
- CSLA-Board subsidized gala tickets at the 2024 CSLA-MALA Congress (regularly-priced at $160, all registered Congress delegates will be able to attend the gala for a cost of $40).
- Commemorative issue of LP magazine.
- Congress panel exploring the future of the profession.
- Launch of the Cultural Landscapes Collection.
Audio Interviews from Linda LeGeyt’s Seminal Work Entitled “Changing the Face of Canada” Made Available on CSLA’s Website
Linda M. LeGeyt gifted CSLA the audio files of interviews undertaken in the 1980s to complete the research for Changing the Face of Canada: Profiles of Landscape Architects. Twenty-eight interviews in audio file format are available here, and include the voices of Donald Graham, Peter Klynstra, Cornelia Oberlander, Alexander Rattray, Gunter Schoch, and Humphrey Carver, among others.
Share your Congratulations for the CSLA’s 90th Anniversary
We welcome your messages of congratulations to the CSLA on reaching this important milestone. Please share your thoughts about our 90 years of advancing the profession of landscape architecture by sending a direct email to Katherine Velluso at email@example.com. We will post these to social media and to our website.
We look forward to celebrating with you this year!
Vincent Asselin, AAPQ, FCSLA, C.Q., Chair, 90th Anniversary Task Force, and
Michelle Legault, CSLA Executive Director