CSLA Submission to the House of Commons Standing Committee on Finance for 2022 Promotes Stronger Canadian Communities through Green Investment and Healthy Landscape Innovation
The CSLA encourages you to meet with your MP to share these messages. Learn more about the advocacy tools the CSLA offers to members.
For the fifth year in a row, the CSLA submitted a brief to the Standing Committee on Finance and calls on the federal government to:
- Invest in the enhancement of public spaces and green infrastructure to ensure healthy, livable communities
- Invest to strengthen community climate adaption and mitigation plans through nature-based design solutions
- Invest in research and development to advance of green technology, nature-based solutions, and design innovation.
- Invest in Indigenous community renewal and programs that build a healthy conservation economy
- Invest in employment and training opportunities for youth within the profession of landscape architecture and related fields
- Invest in a Canadian design culture that showcases landscape architectural talents and environmental expertise
CSLA's Previous Budget Recommendations
- For 2018 budget: Re-thinking where, why and how we build
- For the 2019 budget: Ensuring Canada’s Competitiveness by
Building Resilient Communities
- For the 2020 budget: Climate Emergency: The Required Transition to a Low Carbon Economy
- For the 2021 budget: Restarting the Canadian economy, as it recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic