CELEBRATE LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE
reach out to your community, increase awareness of our profession and encourage public participation
Download WLAM Colouring Book Pages
The WLAM Colouring Pages are based on images submitted to the Canadian Landscape Portfolio. Click on the images to download a printable .pdf document.
ASLA Designs Online Learning Fun at Home
From hosting story time with young readers, to designing or building activities, ASLA has the resources to keep kids busy. For high school students, we have a number of online resources that will spark their curiosity about career options.
Other Ways to Celebrate World Landscape Architecture Month
- Circulate the poster entitled Top 10 Reasons Landscape Architecture Can Save the World
- Attach the WLAM Logo to your email signature or post it as your profile
- Ask your municipality to proclaim a day for landscape architecture: Template letter asking a mayor to proclaim landscape architecture day
- Endorse the Canadian Landscape Charter
The CSLA can help you promote WLAM events and activities happening across Canada and the world. Please share your WLAM events and activities with us at email@example.com.
Every April Canadian landscape architects join their colleagues around the world to celebrate our profession. April is the perfect month to share our profession and reach out to our communities, notable for Earth Day (April 22nd) and the birthday of Frederick Law Olmsted (April 27th), founder of the landscape architecture profession in North America.
The Purpose of the CSLA WLAM program is to provide resources to:
- bring local and national recognition and awareness to the profession, Landscape Architects, and works of landscape architecture in Canada;
- encourage public participation and interest in events and activities related to landscape architecture; and,
- encourage people (particularly young people) to consider a career in landscape architecture.