How can you advocate for the profession of landscape architecture?
1. Read the tips in the blue box.
2. Celebrate World Landscape Architecture Month.
3. Learn about the issues:
4. Read the CSLA's Recommendations to the Standing Committee on Finance for important messages about the profession.
5. Consult the CSLA's submission to the National Infrastructure Assessment (2021) for important messaging about how the profession can contribute to our national infrastructure.
FIND OPPORTUNITIES to speak to related professionals and the public
ADD VALUE to a project by offering the point of view of a landscape architect
USE SOCIAL MEDIA to publish your message, or join a social media campaign
GET ON BOARD with your municipal campaigns to improve the livability of your city
MEET WITH YOUR MP to discuss the profession
CELEBRATE the awards you or your colleagues receive and create a buzz around projects
IDENTIFY ISSUES by asking 'how will this affect the profession' and share those issues with the CSLA Board members or the Executive Director
Advocacy Resources and Tools
- Download the CSLA's Livable Communities brief, which illustrates how landscape architecture makes our communities more livable.
- You can also download it's companion, the Nature-based Solutions by Design brief. NbS provide society with powerful alternatives to challenges posed by climate change, biodiversity loss, food security and accessibility to clean water.
- Use our other Government Relations resources
- Read Landscapes | Paysages, the CSLA's quarterly magazine
- Link to the CSLA's Media Toolkit for resources on how to advocate for the profession in the media
- Refer to the CSLA's Study on the value of compensation and benefits to show the economic impact of the profession
- Refer to the CSLA's position on licensure to support the case for provincial legislation on the profession
- Read this article from Municipal World on how landscape architecture is enhancing communities across Canada
- View previous recipients of the Awards of Excellence in the CSLA's Awards Atlas
- Read from our selection of books about Landscape Architecture
- Read this article, "Transforming the Landscape: Five Ways Landscape Architects are Enhancing Communities Across Canada" (Municipal World, March 2019)