1. The deadline for nominations for the 2021 Class of College of Fellows is January 15th, 2021.
2. The deadline for the 2021 Congress Call for Abstracts is November 20th, 2020 at 4 pm EDT.
3. The deadline to apply for the LACF Annual Grants Program is November 13th, 2020.
CSLA Board Approves Statement on Equity and Diversity in the Profession
On September 10, 2020, the CSLA board approved a statement on diversity. and equity Click the link below to read the statement.
CSLA Releases Statement on Reconciliation and the Profession
The statement is based on input gathered from an environmental scan of CSLA provincial, regional and territorial component associations, universities, related professional associations, Indigenous organizations and practitioners, and CSLA members.
CSLA Board Meeting Updates - September 10, 2020
- 2021 Congress budget was approved
- The Terms of Reference for the Cultural and Historic Landscapes was approved
- The CSLA Statement on Licensure in the Profession was approved (insert link to a new mission areas page, or advocacy, see below)
- A task force on Diversity and Equity in Landscape Architecture, which will be tasked with creating an equity and diversity policy and action plan, was established
- The Terms of Reference for the Committee on Human Health and Well-Being and the Profession was approved
- The Garden Canadian Garden Council’s proposal for the 2022 Year of the Garden and the CSLA’s participation was endorsed.
Order of Precedence for Title Designations
Visit the following web page to find official guidance for CSLA members on the order of precedence that their title designations should be written in.
CSLA-OALA 2021 Congress Call for Abstracts
The Canadian Society of Landscape Architects (CSLA) and Ontario Association of Landscape Architects (OALA) invite qualified experts to submit abstracts for concurrent sessions and panels to be made at the upcoming 2021 CSLA-OALA Congress scheduled to be held in Ottawa, Ontario, May 27-29, 2021.
Deadline: November 20th, 2020 at 4 pm EDT
Post a Job Opportunity on the CSLA's Job Board
The CSLA maintains an active job board in service of it's members and the public. If you have a position to fill, consider posting it here by creating a job listing.
Main Street Design Challenge: Cycle 3 deadline is coming up soon
Cycle 3 submissions due this Friday, September 18.
The CSLA is a partner in the Main Street Design Challenge, which is a coordinated engagement effort for all Canadians interested in design to envision the future of Main Streets. Participants are invited to develop innovative, responsible, sustainable, and resilient design solutions for Canadian Main Streets that can be implemented during the recovery and post-pandemic. The full playbook will be released this fall.
Equity and Diversity Resources Page
Browse our collection of resources to help you learn more about practicing anti-racism in the profession.
CSLA Member News
Naval Cemetery Landscape by Nelson Byrd Woltz Landscape Architects Wins ASLA Award of Excellence
Congratulations to Nelson Byrd Woltz Landscape Architects on winning an ASLA Honour Award in the category of General Design. See project images and read more about the project by visiting the link below.
LACF September Bulletin
National Tree Day
"September 23 is an important day for tree lovers across Canada. This is a day to celebrate the natural beauty of our country and more specifically the critical role that trees play in improving our health and our lives. The benefits of trees are numerous and we often speak about their cooling effect, their ability to manage stormwater, their role in creating habitat for wildlife." - Danielle St. Aubin
Read Danielle St. Aubin, CEO of Tree Canada's statement on National Tree Day