The Emerging Professional Award demonstrates the CSLA’s commitment towards landscape architects in the early stages of their careers. The Award is intended for emerging professionals who:
- have demonstrated professional excellence in the field of practice;
- positively impact their vocations and communities;
- have shown leadership in the profession;
- demonstrate passion and enthusiasm for the profession of landscape architecture.
The individual must be:
- under the age of 40;
- a landscape architect;
- a full or associate member of BCSLA, NWTALA, NuALA, AALA, SALA, MALA, OALA, AAPQ or APALA.
Current members of the CSLA Board of Directors.
An individual may receive only one Emerging Professionals Award in their lifetime.
Two awards may be given annually.
The CSLA Board of Directors may propose nominations for this award. In addition, nominations may be made by:
- any member of the CSLA;
- any component organization of the CSLA;
- any organization of the CSLA’s allied professions.
The CSLA will not accept self-nominations for this award.
Thursday, February 1st, 2024 at 4 pm EDT
Each nomination is judged by the Board of Directors for the success with which the nomination package demonstrates the candidate’s achievements and contributions. Special attention will be given to the influential inspiration of the candidate to the coming generation of landscape architects.
The CSLA Board of Directors retains the right to request additional information on candidates as deemed necessary during deliberations.
Announcement and Presentation
The recipient is notified by the President and invited to attend the CSLA Annual Congress and Gala where the award will be awarded.
Announcement of the award will be made in the CSLA Bulletin, by media release and through other CSLA communications methods. By accepting the award, the candidate agrees to allow the CSLA to use their image in the promotion of the Recognition Awards.