We are looking for a driven and creative professional to work on various projects from concept to construction. The successful candidate will have experience managing a team of junior landscape architects, will possess strong design, contract document and project management skills.
Why Join our Studio?
JRS is recognized for its extensive and award-winning portfolio of work that includes public, commercial, and institutional spaces as well as private residential gardens, green roofs, and condominium towers. We are known for design excellence, quality execution, creativity and innovation. We work on a diverse range of exciting projects with interesting clients and collaborative design teams from around the world. We are a team of professionals who are passionate about landscape architecture and designing spaces for people that are functional, resilient, sustainable and creative. Our portfolio of work can be viewed at www.jrstudio.ca.
We offer a great studio environment in mid-town Toronto with a strong sense of team and collaboration. JRS provides a competitive salary, flexible group insurance plan, payment of membership fees to applicable professional associations and opportunities for advancement. Our LA’s work closely with Janet Rosenberg and JRS Principals from the start to finish of projects. We promote continual learning and professional development and we routinely pursue design competitions and installations as a way to push creativity and innovation. We are looking for talented people who want to be a part of growing a successful business.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Demonstrated design and technical design skills
• Proven ability using and managing AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite & Adobe Acrobat, SketchUp, RHINO
• BIM/Revit, MicroStation/CAD experience is an asset
• Competency with Toronto Green Standards and LEED
• Knowledge of local approving authority requirements and technical construction process
• Experience writing and editing specifications is an asset
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture or similar certification
• Member of OALA or CSLA
• +/-10 years Project Management Experience preferred
• Excellent AutoCAD skills
• (2) References
Interested? Please send your CV with a portfolio of work in PDF format to email@example.com referencing “Senior Landscape Architect – Spring 2021” in the subject line. JRS will contact qualified candidates.