- Register for the 2019 CSLA Congress, May 7-8, 2019, in Vancouver: Learn about the tours, the student travel grants and more...
- Recognition Awards: The deadline is February 22nd. Learn more...
- Annual General Meeting: The CSLA's Annual General Meeting will be held on May 8th in Vancouver. If you are unable to attend, please submit your proxy voting form. Learn more...
- Job Postings: See which jobs are currently advertised. Learn more...
CSLA Congress and CSLA-BCSLA Showcase
Acknowledgement, Awareness and Engagement – Landscape Architecture and Reconciliation
May 7-8, 2019, at the Westin Bayshore, Vancouver, followed by the BC Land Summit
CLICK HERE to
- Register for the Congress
- Learn about the tours
- Submit a student travel grant application
- Learn about sponsorship opportunities
CSLA Signs Joint Statement of National Professional Associations on Advancing Integrated Climate Action
Kinngaaluk Territorial Park Featured in ASLA Magazine
The January, 2019, issue of ASLA's Landscape Architecture Magazine features an article entitled 'In the Hunt: A New Park in Nunavut, Canada, is Made to Protect Indigenous Hunting Grounds'. CSLA Fellow Chris Grosset is featured prominently in the article.
Reach for your LAM today and flip to page 62 to learn more about this CSLA Award of Excellence-winning project.
National Urban Design Awards Ceremony in Ottawa, January 7th, 2019
CLICK HERE to see the pictures of the ceremony and learn who picked up a National Urban Design Award
LACF announces the 2019 Grant Award winners! Learn more...
The 2018 Donors list recognizes our generous supporters and reveals the total amount donated to LACF in 2018. Pretty amazing! Learn more...
Donate now and become a member of LACF by making a gift of $100 or more. Help support our mission of advancing and promoting the values of the profession of Landscape Architecture through research, communication and scholarship. Donate now...
World Landscape Architecture (WLA) Awards
WLA recently launched the 2019 WLA Awards with a 1 March 2019 deadline for submissions. There are four categories (built - small/large/residential; conceptual) with six great jurors from around the world.
To find out about the awards go to http://worldlandscapearchitect.com/2019-wla-awards-call-for-submissions-opens/
NLA, the Norwegian Association of Landscape Architects is hosting the 56th IFLA World Congress, Common Ground in Oslo.
Adaptation Primers Available as a Free Download from the CSLA Website: Colleen S.L. Mercer Clarke and Alexander J. Clarke Share Valuable Research on Climate Adaptation
The Primers are divided into four manuals:
- Primer One summarizes current science on climate change, and what it means for Canada.
- Primer Two focuses on framing policy and planning approaches to mitigation and adaptation with special emphasis on building resilience, designing for positive transformation, and ensuring sustainability in ecosystems and societies.
- Primer Three provides an overview of the opportunities to create resilient communities that enhance public well-being, integrate nature, and ensure a prosperous future.
- Primer Four focuses on the options for response to rising waters, ranging from persisting in place to migration to better circumstances.
The MIT Press Offers CSLA Members a Generous Discount
The MIT Press is offering CSLA members a 30% discount on all titles in the landscape architecture list ordered directly from their website at https://mitpress.mit.edu/. The discount code is MCSLA30 - it can be used more than once and for multiple titles, is good for both print and e-editions, and will not expire. Learn more about John R. Stilgoe's What is Landscape?
CSLA Members Save Insurance Costs Through Mumby Insurance Inc.
Mumby's disability insurance plan is much more affordable than other plans and members benefit from up to 60% off on group home and auto.
Business Insurance: Affordable, comprehensive insurance that gives your firm peace-of-mind protection: Office Contents, Professional Liability, Directors and Officers, and Cyber.
Group Insurance Benefits: Our exclusive plans offers unbeatable coverage and savings of 10 to 20% or more! Plans available for firms ranging in size from 1 to 300 employees with valuable educational content included at no extra cost.
Automobile & Home Insurance Plans: VIP service for your car, home, and other personal insurance needs.
Individual Health Coverage: Being without comprehensive health care coverage isn’t a risk you should take. Individual and dental plans protect you and your family at an affordable price.
Individual & Corporate Life Insurance: We have products to suit your specific needs for Buy/Sell Funding, Key Person, Estate Preservation, Mortgage Insurance and MORE! As independent brokers, we search the market to ensure you get the best combination of product and pricing.
Income Protection Insurance: Insure your greatest asset – your earning potential! Paycheque protection pays when you are ill or injured. Best of all, rates haven’t changed since 1975!
Personal Accident Insurance: Accidents happen. Protect yourself with Member and Spouse Personal Accident Insurance that provides you with an economic safety net.
Office Overhead Expense Insurance: What happens to your business if an accident or illness leaves you temporarily disabled? Office overhead expense insurance helps pay the bills for your sole practice or partnership.