The CSLA is hiring!
Job Title: Communications Coordinator
Company: Canadian Society of Landscape Architects (CSLA)
Location: Flexible, though special consideration will be given to applicants based in the National Capital area (the CSLA employs a virtual office)
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Application Deadline: November 29th, 2019
Date Posted: October 24th, 2019
The CSLA is recruiting a bilingual Communications Coordinator to support the association’s internal and external communications functions. This position is intended to work from home and be part of the CSLA’s virtual office.
About the CSLA
The Canadian Society of Landscape Architects (CSLA) is a professional organization with landscape architect members, associate (or intern) members and student of landscape architecture members. As the voice of the profession in Canada, the CSLA is an advocate for its members on issues such as urban design, urban renewal, sustainable development, climate change and cultural heritage. Learn more at www.csla-aapc.ca
About the position
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications Coordinator will work with developed strategies to create and coordinate communications elements, as well as contributing ideas to future communications strategies.
This position communicates with a wide array of stakeholder groups. We are looking for someone with strong written communication skills, proficiency in digital design and digital communication skills, excellent attention to detail, and interest/experience in marketing and communications. Knowledge of or experience in design professions would also be considered an asset. This position also demands the ability to self-motivate and work independently.
- Creating, editing, proofing and deploying association communications, both written and visual, which includes: creating new website content for www.csla-aapc.ca, and writing and posting association news and resources on the site, in English and French, via Drupal, producing newsletters and press releases, creating social media content and overseeing the CSLA’s social presence on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn, coordinating corporate secretariat projects like Annual Reports, event programs and materials for the annual Congress, and advocacy campaigns, coordinating and proofing materials for events and marketing campaigns.
- Contributing ideas to communications strategies, including research and ideas on content, design, target stakeholder groups, relationship development, marketing and execution.
- Coordinating translations, design projects and video recordings.
- Event management logistics support at the CSLA’s yearly Congress and events.
- Managing the CSLA’s online Job Board
- Managing the CSLA’s online Calendar of Events
- Partnering with the CSLA’s component associations to provide assistance with promotion projects.
- Maintaining a media list, contacting and developing strong relationships with media.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor undergraduate university degree in a relevant field, or equivalent experience in communications, marketing and social media skills.
- Excellent written communication skills. Ability to communicate in French and in English, is required.
- Demonstrated understanding of digital communications and marketing. Ability to design and create engaging visual content for digital platforms, including websites, video and social media.
- Superior attention to details.
- Ability to self-start and manage a diverse range of assignments with high efficiency.
- Critical thinking skills to identify, analyze and evaluate problems, issues and opportunities.
- Proven ability to manage a demanding workload under tight deadlines.
- Resourcefulness, maturity and the ability to work independently.
- Proficiency in Windows, including Word and Excel, and other office software.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop and Premiere Pro.
- Familiarity with Drupal.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and their management tools.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter which includes:
- bilingualism in French and English
- salary expectations
- writing samples and
- if relevant, links to public social media or communications projects in which you have played a role,
as one .pdf document by November 29th, 2019, to Michelle Legault, CSLA Executive Director, at email@example.com, subject line “Application: Communications Coordinator.”
(l'affiche française est disponible en .pdf, ci-joint)