Your New Company
Fotenn is a leading planning and urban design firm with offices in Ottawa, Toronto, and Kingston. Our team of planners, landscape architects, and urban design experts is engaged in award-winning projects across the country. At Fotenn, our practice is centered on the seamless integration of planning, landscape architecture, and urban design, and is rooted in a deep appreciation for creating people-focused places. By applying our expertise in site planning, land usage, policy development, urban design, and landscape architecture, we have added immense value to the spaces we have created and continue to guarantee high-quality results that are appropriate to the environmental setting.
Your New Role
Fotenn has an opportunity for an experienced Senior Landscape Architect to join our studio team based in Ottawa on a full-time basis. Our team is currently experiencing a period of rapid growth, earning a reputation for high-quality design and delivery of innovative projects. If you are a Senior Landscape Architect looking to make a meaningful change, this could be an exciting career opportunity. Overseeing landscape design projects of varying scale and complexity, you will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and ensure that all project deliverables are of the highest standard and provided in a timely and efficient manner.
- Undergraduate and/or Master’s level university degree in Landscape Architecture;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience;
- Membership in OALA or AAPQ with the ability to obtain a stamp;
- Experience in land development and municipal approval process;
- Exellence in design and knowledge of technical design and construction methods and practices;
- Highly developed graphic, verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences, including clients, communities and peers;
- A desire and ability to work independently and as part of a larger design team;
- Proven ability to positively mentor junior staff and to contribute to a culture of learning and growth;
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage shifting deadlines and multiple priorities;
- Competency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office Suite, hand drawing and 3D modeling (Sketch Up, Rhino);
- Possess excellent critical thinking and interpersonal skills; and,
- A valid driver’s licence.
Other Qualifications (an asset but not required)
- ISA Certification
- Proficiency in French
- Presenting to clients, stakeholders, community associations, municipal committees and councils;
- Assisting in the development of new landscape architecture business including: responding to requests for proposals; preparation of proposals;
- Completing site inventory and analysis;
- Preparing concept drawings, and master plans;
- Preparing contract documents, including: technical working drawings (layout and material plans, grading plans, planting plans and details), specifications and cost estimates;
- Managing project priorities and budgets;
- Reviewing and managing the activities of junior staff and sub-consultants;
- Conducting construction administration, including field review.
Fotenn offers competitive salaries, health benefits, professional development assistance and a progressive work environment. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Please visit our website, www.fotenn.com, to learn more about our firm.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and portfolio in a single-file pdf (less than 10 MB), via email to the attention of:
The deadline for the submission of applications is no later than Monday, January 6, 2019 at 5:00 pm.
All applications will be held in strict confidence.
Please note that only those who are invited for an interview will be contacted.