APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FOR THE POSITION OF
PROJECT SUPERVISOR, RENEWAL
CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT, ASSET MANAGEMENT AND RENEWAL
Non-Union Level 9 - $73, 125 - $87, 750
At the Toronto Catholic District School Board, we transform the world through witness, faith, innovation and action. Servant-leadership that is visionary, empowering and inclusive is a fundamental characteristic of our Board. We seek colleagues who demonstrate a powerful personal mission and commitment through action to these principles. We are committed to fairly and objectively recruiting and selecting leaders and staff who are excellent role models, visionary and innovative, student-focused, committed to diversity, inclusion and equity and are also collaborative in building a Catholic community.
THIS IS A TEMPORARY ASSIGNMENT FOR ONE YEAR
CRITERIA FOR AN INTERVIEW ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Minimum of a 3-year college diploma in either architectural, engineering, project management or building technology, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Membership in the appropriate professional association would be an asset
- Minimum of two (2) years of progressive experience in construction administration and/or project management
- Thorough knowledge of consultant and construction contracts and tendering procedures
- Excellent knowledge of various construction or construction management contracts, tendering policies and procedures, change order management, financial reporting and tracking
- Excellent technical/building knowledge of school/community center design and construction issues
- Works well under pressure and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent written, verbal communication and organizational skills
- Strong analytical, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with a range of current software programs and applications including MS Project and other business programs
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary groups including communities –school or other groups, school administrators, senior staff, consultants and others that will be required in project/program delivery
- Availability to work outside of core office hours, as required
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to and under the direction of the Senior Asset Manager and as the Board’s representative/advocate for projects/programs, you are responsible for the timely delivery of multiple school facility upgraded projects. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ongoing communications with all levels of the Board including school communities/ administrators, school superintendents, principals and senior staff, and other stakeholders as required
- Develop and prepare work scopes related to facility upgrades for external consultants and teams
- Monitor financial status and controls on projects
- Perform administrative duties related to Capital Development or School Renewal Projects/Programs including: prepare reports and studies; assess, manage projects; liaise with project proponents; provide outreach to potential project proponents; utilize internal management programs for the tracking and monitoring of projects and payments; track and monitor project status including project financial status; respond to requests for information internally and externally
- Participate in the review and provide direction on contract documents for projects
- Act as the Board representative, coordinate and attend project meetings with the users, project managers, consultants, and authorities having jurisdiction, contractors and others that will be required in the program/project delivery
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
NOTE: This position requires travelling to TCDSB sites on regular basis. The incumbent must have own vehicle available to use and a valid Ontario driver’s license (eligibility for mileage reimbursement). Requires wearing of appropriate and current safety equipment (safety shoes, hard hat) for TCDSB construction sites. The position may require call-out beyond regular work day/week schedule due to emergencies, or necessity to participate in a rotating call-out schedule.
Diversity and Inclusion
Consistent with the TCDSB’s Employment Equity policy and Multi-Year Strategic Plan, the TCDSB is strongly committed to fostering and creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the stakeholders and communities we serve. As such, we welcome and encourage applications from candidates who self-identify as visible minorities, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and women. You are invited to voluntarily indicate if you identify as one or more of the aforementioned communities. This information will be kept confidential.
Barrier-Free Recruitment and Selection
TCDSB embraces the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and as such, is committed to creating an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please inform the Human Resources department at the time of your application of any requirement for an accommodation. The need for documentation to support the accommodation will be requested as required prior to the implementation of any accommodation measures.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a completed résumé, cover letter, and any related educational documents, and reference letters, no later than Monday, March 8, 2021. Failure to complete a full package may impact your eligibility for an interview.
Applications are to be submitted online through ApplyToEducation at:
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please note, candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide original applicable education documents.