CITIZENS FIRST THROUGH SERVICE EXCELLENCE
We have an exciting Full Time Non-Unionized opportunity in the
Parks Development Department for an experienced and motivated individual
Project Manager – Vaughan Metropolitan Centre
(JOB # J0219-0364)
As one of Southern Ontario’s fastest growing cities, with its mix of urban and rural areas, Vaughan is an in-demand place to live and work. Vaughan is considered one of Canada’s most family friendly cities with a dynamic and diverse population of over 300,000. With one of the top performing economies, a growing tourism industry and an enviable portfolio of recreational and cultural venues, this is the place where you want to be.
As the Parks Development representative on the Vaughan Metropolitan Centre (VMC) implementation team, responsibility includes managing, undertaking, coordinating and facilitating the review, planning, design and implementation of parks and open spaces servicing the VMC and other intensification areas. Assists and contributes to City planning, engineering, open space and urban design projects in support and development of the VMC including secondary plans, master servicing plans and municipal infrastructure improvements. Participates in the development application review process, park development cost-sharing agreements including parkland dedication and cash-in-lieu of parkland calculations; develop project schedules and identifies project costs; develops standards and agreements related to strata parkland; researches parks planning and management precedents related to urban intensification; supports the formation of strategic work plans and requests for proposals to complete the City’s infrastructure and planning projects necessary to support development in the VMC. Liaises and coordinates with other agencies, Region, Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA), City Departments and the public in order to facilitate the timely delivery of development approvals in the VMC consistent with the strategic goals and objectives of the City.
Qualifications and experience:
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Landscape Architecture and/or Urban
Design from an accredited university and registered as a professional Landscape
Architect with the Ontario Association of Landscape Architects (OALA) and Canadian
Society of Landscape Architects (CSLA).
- Minimum of five (5) years related parks and/or public realm planning experience, and
experience in coordinating, designing and constructing complex, multidisciplinary
projects preferably within an urban context.
- Work experience must include extensive project management and contract
- Possesses or willingness to obtain a certification as a Project Manager Professional
- Knowledge of parks planning, public realm and urban design standards.
- Ability to identify issues, challenges and opportunities, provide detailed analysis, propose solutions, and negotiate/facilitate, build consensus and present information to
- Effective oral, written and graphic communication skills with the ability to effectively
address technical and non-technical matters.
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills and demonstrated ability to work
independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications as well as experience working with AutoCAD and Adobe software (i.e. InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat) is required. Proficiency in SketchUp and GIS is considered an asset.
- Valid Ontario Class ‘G’ driver’s license and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
In addition to offering a competitive compensation package, we have a strong focus on health and wellness, including fitness facilities and family-focused benefits.
If you are an energetic person who is interested in bringing your knowledge and passion to the City of Vaughan, please click here to apply online by Wednesday March 26, 2017.
Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The City of Vaughan is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The City of Vaughan is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.