Project Coordinator – Ottawa, Ontario
NAK Design Strategies (“NAK”) is an acclaimed landscape architecture and urban design firm with a large portfolio of award-winning built work. Our team of dynamic and creative professionals work on a wide variety of complex and multi-phased projects. We have offices in Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary, and Orlando, Florida. Our company mission is to provide our clients with an ‘integrated’ approach to design and planning – one that involves sensitive and responsive design solutions balanced with innovative and progressive implementation practices.
As NAK continues to grow, we are seeking a highly motivated Project Coordinator with strong design, communication and organizational skills to join our Ottawa office. In this position, you will be part of a team assisting with the completion of design, planning and construction administration services for a variety of landscape architectural projects. As a member of the NAK team, you will be engaged in a collaborative and supportive work structure within a unique architectural environment located in a great neighborhood. NAK offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Assist in preparation of design drawings from concept through to contract documents
- Assist in assembly and creation of project construction drawings, quantity take-offs and cost estimates
- Assist in preparation of presentation materials and construction documentation
- Laisse and interact with clients, approval agencies and other consultants
- Manage daily correspondence, filing, and archiving
- Entry level / 0 – 4 years or professional experience
- BLA, MLA Degree or College Diploma in Landscape Architecture from an accredited institution
- Strong design and technical knowledge
- Team player
- Strong verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects with aggressive delivery schedules
- Strong design and technical aptitude with an eagerness to develop abilities
- Previous professional design experience considered as asset
- Enthusiastic with a willingness to learn more about our process and our clients
- Ability to prepare high-quality design work and design presentations using hand graphics and relevant computer software (AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, InDesign, Microsoft Office Suite)
Required Application Documents
- Cover letter / letter of introduction and interest
- Portfolio of work or link to online portfolio
Parties selected for a second interview will be required to provide professional references with contact information.
Interested parties should email their qualifications to the attention of:
Jennifer Hemmings Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
NAK welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.
Visit – www.nakdesignstrategies.com for more information on NAK and its projects