- Coordinate and oversee the Site Plan Approval process by coordinating input from City department representatives, external commenting agencies and the public for the review process, preparing and presenting related reports to City Council, preparing site plan agreements in conjunction with Legal Services and maintaining related files and records.
- Assist in the coordination of urban design and trail capital projects from design through to the completion of construction, including the preparation of RFQs, RFPs and RFTs with the Purchasing Division and coordination of the evaluation process.
- Provide advice on applications for zoning by-law amendments, Official Plan Amendments, subdivisions and other department applications involving major elements of site plan, urban design and environmental planning.
- Serve on various City steering committees and working groups, where urban design and landscape architecture expertise is required.
- Provide parks planning design services for the City, in particular, the Community Services Department.
- Process amendments and provide advice on the comprehensive Sign By-law, as well as applications for minor variances to the City’s Sign By-law and prepare and present related reports to Council.
- Assist in the coordination of projects involving urban design, environment and infrastructure issues such as Land Use/Urban Design studies, Neighbourhood Improvement Programs, Municipal Parkland, Waterfront, and other Capital Development Projects, Streetscape Improvements, redevelopment and historic preservation, adaptive reuse and rehabilitation by preparing applications, participating in related committees and managing related projects.
- Report and present to various Advisory Committees including the Peterborough Architectural Conservation Advisory Committee, the Arts, Culture and Heritage Advisory Committee, the Arenas, Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee, the Downtown Action Committee, the Downtown and East City (Village) B.I.A.s and special interest groups, such as service clubs, respecting special projects and urban design issues.
- Inspect and assess lands which are subject to development, including inspection of properties during construction and preceding project completion, to determine compliance with site plan agreements.
- Provide recommendations regarding the allocation of government funding for Community Improvement Projects.
This position requires an individual who has a University Degree in Planning or Landscape Architecture, or equivalent. Must have a minimum of three (3) years experience in urban design and environment, including design, graphics and mapping skills; construction related issues; budget management; and contract administration. Must have a working knowledge of the municipal planning process including planning documents such as the Planning Act and Official Plan; knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and database software applications, including AMANDA; must have the ability to comprehend all forms of interpersonal relationships in a public forum; and have above average interpersonal skills to interact between government and private sector. Must have excellent communication (both verbal and written); negotiation and project management skills; well developed public relations skills and proven leadership ability; and be a team player with a commitment to quality customer service.
$84,131.00- $91, 960.00
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a résumé and cover letter, quoting file number 19-P-87, no later than 12:00 p.m. on October 15, 2019, to:
City of Peterborough, Human Resources Division, City Hall, 500 George Street North, Peterborough, Ontario K9H 3R9. Fax: (705) 742-7021 firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Peterborough is an organization that strives to embrace the spirit of inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and barrier-free environment in which all individuals have access to the City's goods, services and facilities. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.
The personal information submitted for employment is collected under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used to determine eligibility for employment. We thank you for your application but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.