CITIZENS FIRST THROUGH SERVICE EXCELLENCE
We have an exciting Full-time Non-Unionized opportunity in the Parks Infrastructure Planning & Development for an experienced and motivated individual
Manager, Parks Delivery (North Maple Regional Park Program)
(JOB # J0121-0291)
Vaughan is a city on the move. With a downtown core rising from the ground – the Vaughan Metropolitan Centre, a state-of-the-art hospital opening its doors in 2021 – the Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital, and a bustling subway, exciting projects are transforming the community. Be a part of something amazing and build your career at the City of Vaughan.
The City of Vaughan is an equal opportunity employer serving one of the fastest-growing municipalities in Canada, we are an organization committed to diversity and inclusivity, providing a thriving work environment, excellent benefits, learning and growth opportunities and a place where collaboration and teamwork are fostered. As one of the Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2021, we continuously employ workplace best-practices – and they’re getting noticed! Excellence demands brilliant personalities, visionary thinking and a passion for public service. Vaughan is your place to grow.
Responsible for leading and managing a team of professional and technical staff to plan, design and deliver capital projects and infrastructure initiatives, with a special focus on advancing the 900-acre vision for North Maple Regional Park. Manages assigned strategic, business and administrative activities including the development and delivery of business plans, performance measures and communications. Oversees project management and contract administration services and reports to Senior Management on project status. Responsible for the project intake process, developing project plans, scheduling, preparing and monitoring capital budgets and performance measures. Acts as a liaison between City departments and external agencies and ensures compliance with applicable policies and regulations.
Qualifications and experience:
- University Degree in Landscape Architecture, Engineering, Urban Design and/or Public Administration from an accredited university, or suitable equivalent.
- Registered professional from an accredited association (i.e. Landscape Architect, Engineer, Planner or suitable equivalent); certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) or relevant post degree education considered an asset.
- Minimum of seven (7) years' related management experience preferably within a municipal infrastructure development environment.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, team building, negotiation and mediation skills; considerable experience dealing with the public and Elected Officials.
- Thorough knowledge of project management principles, applicable legislation and understanding of GTA context of different levels of government.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and successfully execute a range of municipal projects and possesses strong project management, organization and time management skills.
- Demonstrated high level of creativity and critical thinking with the ability to perform in a proactive and strategic manner.
- Demonstrated ability to build high levels of credibility within diverse work groups by implementing effective communication and engagement strategies as well as the ability to develop productive and sustainable partnerships with a range of key internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to conduct self in a manner bestowing tact and diplomacy in a political environment.
- Keeps apprised of current and emerging leading edge thinking and research techniques, methodologies, strategic applications, etc.
- Effective oral and written communication skills on technical and non-technical matters coupled with the ability to negotiate/facilitate, build consensus and present information to varied audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of, and demonstrated ability in, the City's core competencies and relevant functional competencies.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications as well as proficiency with application of specialized software relevant to technical specialty.
- Valid Ontario Class "G " driver's license, in good standing with a reliable vehicle for corporate use.
- Ability to work outside normal business hours, as required.
In addition to offering a competitive compensation package, we have a strong focus on health and wellness, including fitness facilities and family-focused benefits.
If you are an energetic person who is interested in bringing your knowledge and passion to the City of Vaughan, please visit our website to apply online by Monday February 8, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please be advised, the City of Vaughan uses email to communicate with applicants for open job competitions.
The City of Vaughan is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The City of Vaughan is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.