LADR Landscape Architects Inc. is a leading landscape architecture firm in Victoria BC, known for design excellence, community facilitation, and being at the forefront of climate adaptation within the industry. From housing to campuses, urban design to park master planning, and everything in between, our wide breadth of knowledge enables us to collaborate more efficiently with other disciplines, bring fresh, innovative design ideas to the table, and provide invaluable insight to our clients. By focusing on placemaking, listening to communities, taking an integrated design approach to projects, and applying decolonial practices and principles of reconciliation, we turn our clients’ visions into reality in ways that benefit both people and the environment.
We are currently looking to add a full-time Landscape Designer or Landscape Architect to our team. LADR is a dynamic boutique firm with a close-knit team - our ideal candidate is personable, creative, and enjoys collaborating within project teams and across disciplines. The successful candidate has an interest in weaving sustainability, local history, and culture into design wherever possible.
● Prepare drawing sets from Development Permit through Construction Documents/IFC;
● Prepare construction details, specifications and plant lists;
● Prepare layout, material, and planting plans;
● Effectively coordinate with multidisciplinary project teams;
● Communicate with clients and consultants to achieve project goals; and
● Perform site visits to review construction progress, landscape installation, and for substantial completion reports.
● Undergraduate or Masters degree in Landscape Architecture and a minimum of 2 years professional experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
● Knowledge of locally available plants (both native and adaptive within the PNW and specific to Vancouver Island) and their use in planting design;
● High fluency in Vectorworks;
● Strong computer drafting ability;
● Proven design skills;
● Ability to work collaboratively and individually;
● Ability to self-manage in order to meet deadlines for multiple concurrent projects;
● Excellent communication and organizational skills; and
● Legally eligible to work in Canada.
● Registered with BCSLA or equivalent that is transferable to BC;
● Experience working for/liaising with First Nations;
● Knowledge of AutoCAD; and
● Hand drafting skills (opportunities are provided to utilize this skill).
LADR provides competitive wages, comprehensive health benefits and leave packages, and opportunities for growth to all our team members. We are an equal opportunity employer and certified living wage provider. Our studio is committed to social engagement, and is eco- and dog-friendly.
Please visit https://secure.collage.co/jobs/ladrla/23763 to apply. If you have any questions about this job ad, please reach out to our HR representative at email@example.com.
LADR would like to acknowledge the Lekwungen (Songhees), Xwepsum (Esquimalt), and WSÁNEĆ (Saanich) Nations on whose unceded territory we live, learn, work, and play. We are grateful to those who continue to share their knowledge with us, and are committed to actively listening, learning, and decolonizing. Hay'sxw'qa Si'em.