WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a talented and motivated landscape designer/technician to join our PLAUD studio, located in Kelowna, BC. This opportunity will see you working within a creative, supportive and multi-disciplinary studio team involved in a wide variety of high-profile award winning landscape architectural projects, including parks and open spaces, streetscapes, urban design, transportation, ecological design and heritage preservation. We are currently working on a diverse portfolio of projects across the province and frequently collaborate with our Vancouver, Victoria, Edmonton, Calgary and Winnipeg PLAUD teams to service all of Western Canada.
Kelowna has evolved into a vibrant lakefront City with all the amenities of a larger urban centre. With mild winters and sun-drenched summers recreational and social opportunities are unlimited with our lakes, mountains, vineyards and orchards. Aside from our fantastic setting Kelowna is also gaining a reputation for our burgeoning food and cultural scene, as well as one of the fastest growing technology hubs in BC. Did we mention the average house price is nearly half that of Vancouver and the average commute for drivers (when not on your beach cruiser) is 15 minutes?
- Preparation of base maps, conceptual design and construction-level drawings and specifications, including cost estimating and detailing.
- Development of planting design and layout.
- Development of mapping and document production.
- Development of visualizations and graphics.
- Improvement of existing drawing standards and CAD libraries.
- Assistance on contract administration, including some site inspection work
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Landscape Architecture;
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in a private consulting environment. A variety of landscape architecture projects in British Columbia will be considered an asset;
- Superior skills in Autocad production, assembly of construction documentation packages, material selection, specifications and cost estimating within a multi-disciplinary environment;
- Membership (or eligibility for membership) with the British Columbia Society of Landscape Architects (BCSLA) is required;
- Solid understanding of project development, design development and contract and proposal preparation is required;
- Expertise in Excel, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and other standard software packages;
- Graphic production / 3D rendering capability – Knowledge of SketchUp required, and rendering programs such as Lumion/3DS Max considered an asset;
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle is preferred for site/project meetings and inspections.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Apply for this position: Landscape Designer, WSP Kelowna, BC