McElhanney Ltd. is growing and has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Landscape Designer in Kamloops, BC. In this role, the candidate will produce accurate, cost effective and timely landscape architectural designs and drawings, of a moderate scope and complexity, in order to meet client and legal requirements. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent collaboration, technical, communication, and project coordination skills.
- Conduct site analysis and prepare concepts, working drawings, specifications, and cost estimates;
- Accurately assess, compile and communicate relevant technical information to landscape architects;
- Observe and provide assistance on field inspections and contract administration;
- Ensure the accuracy of technical designs and drawings and revise as directed;
- Evaluate and implement, as directed, changes to technology, programs and related practices and procedures to ensure landscape architectural capabilities are current and market competitive.
- Develop relationships with peers within and beyond the landscape architecture discipline by responding to requests and communicating information in a timely manner;
- Remain updated on current professional practices, products, and procedures by monitoring trade publications and actively participating in professional associations.
- Landscape Architectural Technology diploma or Landscape Designer degree from an accredited program;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the field of Landscape Architecture is preferred;
- A portfolio that illustrates the diversity of work completed as a Landscape Architectural Technologist or Landscape Architect and the candidate’s abilities with respect to the above responsibilities;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Computer experience (CAD, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, MS Project);
- Graphics experience (combination of hand-drawn graphics and digital graphics preferred – SketchUp, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.);
- Familiarity with native and ornamental plants commonly used in British Columbia is an asset;
- Associate membership in the BCSLA/CSLA, or eligibility for membership, is an asset.
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.