Under limited supervision, work with broad assignments; manage capital projects such as open space developments, landscaping and upgrade or maintenance of existing structures. Provide technical assistance and advice for proposals, plans, designs and standards. Direct contractors and consultants to ensure cost, quantity and quality control in compliance with Park Development Standards and Engineering Guidelines, contract specifications and other resources. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage and provide technical assistance and advice for projects, proposals, short and long term plans, designs, standards, and projects including parks and open space development landscaping.
- Design, review, prepare and issue reports.
- Provide recommendations, for construction/maintenance cost estimates, proposals, technical specifications, tender specifications, tender and construction documents; ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Perform site inspections to ensure compliance and report status when necessary.
- Review, recommend and award tender bids.
- Creativity to conceptually design indoor and outdoor environments such as landscaped areas, parks and open spaces.
- Provide performance, quantity and quality control through sound planning skills.
- Direct consultants and contractors to ensure cost, quantity and quality control in compliance with Park Development Standards, Engineering Guidelines, related master plans, Municipal By-Laws, contract specifications and other resources.
- In partnership with various stakeholders deliver Municipal capital projects to meet the needs of community groups and municipal operations staff.
- Provide drafting and design services by Autocad, computerized programs and free hand sketches.
- Research and review internal procedures and policies and provide recommendations.
- Inspect projects for deficiencies, review and analyze test results, enforce rectification of deficiencies and recommend for approval construction completion and final acceptance certificates.
- Assist in the overview of construction projects during the warranty/maintenance period to ensure that design/construction deficiencies are corrected as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Diploma in Landscape Architectural Technology from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Four (4) years’ experience in a related position, to include two (2) years project management and comprehensive use of computer-aided drafting systems and other computer applications.
- Experience evaluating site plans for adherence to landscape development standards/architectural standards and contract specifications.
- Experience formalizing, preparing and presenting technical reports.
You will possess the following:
- Valid Class Five (5) Alberta driver’s licence (clear driver’s abstract is an asset).
- Proficiency with computer applications is required.
- Above average communication, written, interpersonal, planning, and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to achieve self-set goals and targets with independent initiative; and motivation and commitment to be successful.
- Position requires intense and continuous mental activities.
- Ability to complete outdoor field work in all weather conditions.
- Proven ability to read and interpret engineering, landscaping plans, drawing and specifications.
- Proven ability to acquire a sound working knowledge of pertinent municipal bylaws and standards.
- Valid First Aid Certificate is an asset.
11 Salary Range: $45.55 (Start Rate) $53.54 (Permanent Rate) *Permanent rate effective after twelve (12) months of employment.
**All CUPE job rates are under review and are subject to change. In addition to the rate of pay, we offer other attractive incentives: -an extensive employer paid benefits plan -an additional annual payment of $12,480 which represents a cost of living allowance Requisition Number: 005828 Closing Date: May 24, 2020 at 11:59 PM Posting Type: Internal & External (Posted: May 9, 2020)
To apply: Please visit our website at www.rmwb.ca. We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.