EDM is currently seeking a Landscape Architect/Planner to join our Team. Reporting to a Senior Planner, this person will support the team on issues of landscape/urban design, wayfinding, development approvals, masterplanning, and site design. The successful applicant will contribute to a multidisciplinary team of planners, landscape architects, engineers and GIS and CAD technicians, helping to carry out projects big and small throughout Atlantic Canada. Candidates may be recent graduates or have some professional experience, but are required to have freehand drawing and graphic design skills, be detail-oriented, and work well in a team environment. This position offers opportunities for growth in your role within the company, limited only by your ambition.
- Create conceptual drawings and materials, including graphics to convey important concepts and strategies;
- Create freehand and computer-generated drawings;
- Contribute to master-planning and strategic spatial approaches to planning and development
- Prepare trail, wayfinding and signage plans and concepts;
- Assess compliance with various regulations;
- Carry out required research, analysis;
- Write reports that are highly legible and readable.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in landscape architecture, architecture, planning or related field;
- 5+ years of experience;
- Strong freehand and graphic design skills;
- Research and writing skills and the ability to analyze and summarize complex ideas;
- Resourcefulness and professionalism;
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, freehand drawing;
- As part of a small team, applicants should be self-motivated and able to provide leadership and
- guidance to other team members, but also able to work independently as a self-starter.
EDM is a transdisciplinary land use and planning consultancy. We manage projects big and small from concept through to construction. While many of our land development solutions are highly technical, we recognize that planning and development is fundamentally about people and relationships.Established in 1993, EDM has a track record in large-scale master planning, especially plans and development strategies that fully integrate design, community, environmental, engineering and economic criteria. Over more than 20 years, EDM has developed expertise in four core areas: planning design and engineering; development approvals, coordination and project management; geodesign and GIS analysis; and water and ecological design.
We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. Please submit a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.