NAK Design Strategies (“NAK”) is an acclaimed landscape architecture and urban design firm with a large portfolio of award-winning built work. Our team of dynamic and creative professionals work on a wide variety of complex and multi-phased projects. We have offices in Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary, and Orlando, Florida. Our company mission is to provide our clients with an ‘integrated’ approach to design and planning – one that involves sensitive and responsive design solutions balanced with innovative and progressive implementation practices.
As NAK continues to grow, we are seeking a highly motivated Project Coordinator with strong design, communication and organizational skills to join our Ottawa office. In this position, you will be part of a team assisting with the completion of design, planning and construction administration services for a variety of landscape architectural projects. As a member of the NAK team, you will be engaged in a collaborative and supportive work structure within a unique architectural environment located in a great neighborhood. NAK offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Interpret and develop design approaches in collaboration with senior project staff
- Manage the preparation of construction drawings, contracts, tenders and contract administration documents
- Manage and deliver of a variety of types of projects
- Manage client relationships
- Delegate, manage, mentor and train staff
- Represent firm at public meetings
- Prepare fee proposals/terms of reference for potential projects
- Manage project within the fee scope
- Review and confirm all construction documentation
- Minimum 6 years of professional design experience
- BLA, MLA degree or College Diploma in Landscape Architecture
- Exceptional design and technical knowledge
- Team player
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Previous experience working with municipalities and private developers
- Federal project experience to help set Ottawa up for future SOA’s
- Indigenous project experience to help develop and potential lead cultural heritage work
- Exceptional design skills to take over existing high-profile design projects
- French language an asset but not mandatory – ideally bilingual for federal/NCC work
- Extensive contract admin experience
- Positive personality and demeanor that can blend in with the small Ottawa team
- Active involvement in OALA and demonstrated leadership skills to guide and encourage junior staff in the profession
- Ability to work on multiple projects with aggressive delivery schedules
- Demonstrated ability to prepare high-quality design work and design presentations using hand graphics and relevant computer software (AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, InDesign, Microsoft Office Suite)
- Degree or College Diploma in Urban Design and/or Planning also considered an asset
- Previous experience in urban design and/or planning services considered an asset
- OALA and / or LEED Accreditation considered an asset
Required Application Documents
- Cover letter / letter of introduction and interest
- Portfolio of work or link to online portfolio
Parties selected for a second interview will be required to provide professional references with contact information.
Interested parties should email their qualifications to the attention of:
Jennifer Hemmings Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
NAK welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.
Visit – www.nakdesignstrategies.com for more information on NAK and its projects