We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
Integrity – We do what is right.
Partnerships – We work together.
Excellence – We pursue design excellence.
Innovation – We embrace ingenuity.
Community – We build community.
Environment – We take action on climate change.
Here's how we work:
IBI Group is seeking a talented Intermediate / Senior Landscape Architect who has demonstrated the capabilities to design and manage a diversity of projects including master planning, civic plazas, urban parks, green streets, cycling infrastructure and residential communities. Outstanding projects or visualizations with design excellence will be highly considered.
As part of the Placemaking team based in our Toronto campus, you will be part of a fast-paced team in a dynamic environment creating contemporary, inclusive, responsive, sustainable public and private high-quality spaces. You will be involved in all phases of the project from master planning, consultation, conceptual design through to detailed design and contract administration.
Most of the things you'll work on:
- Internal and external collaboration with Planners, Architects and Engineers to design and deliver creative, context-sensitive urban environments and landscape solutions that support public and private sector projects.
- Prepare visually compelling graphic presentations and develop creative technical solutions.
- Prepare design/technical reports.
- Manage project work flows and oversee internal productions.
- Ensure project deliverables comply with local standards and contract requirements.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited institution within the fields of Landscape Architecture.
- Minimum of 7 years (post-graduation) of relevant working experience in a professional design firm.
- Registered Landscape Architect from a component association with CSLA or ASLA is preferred.
- Must have proven leadership in design excellence with demonstrated high quality work that elevates design.
- Excellent hand sketching and visualization skills.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, capable of preparing reports and developing/writing design narratives.
- In-depth knowledge in the technical aspects of the Landscape Architecture such as planting, grading, storm water management, construction detailing, specifications and cost estimation.
- Comprehensive experience in preparation of construction documentation, end to end project coordination/management in municipal, commercial and private sector projects.
- Proficiency in the latest version of AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and SketchUp.
- Revit, Rhino or proficiency with other BIM or modelling tools is considered an asset.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Valid driver's license is considered an asset.
A few locally recognizable projects that our Toronto team has worked on:
- CN Tower Plaza, Toronto
- Roundhouse Park, Toronto
- King Street Streetscape Revitalization, Kitchener
- Vaughan Metropolitan Centre – Festival Condos Development, Vaughan
- City Centre – Exchange District, Mississauga
- Woodbine Development, Toronto
Located at 55 St. Clair Ave West, this office is steps away from St. Clair station and is easily accessible by bike, TTC and car. Occupying 7 floors, with over 700 employees, it is the largest office at IBI Group. The floors are open concept and represent our collaborative approach to projects. You’ll have direct access to management while benefiting from our enthusiastic and helpful organizational resources team. As a global architecture, engineering and technology design firm, IBI Group also has offices across the country, continent and world.
- Furnished patios on different floors to eat lunch, to have meetings and team BBQs
- Charitable Events – Habitat for Humanity builds, Golf tournaments, United Way Fundraisers
- Social Gatherings – Holiday Party, Summer Social, Project Passport, P(ie) day
- Sponsored Sports and Recreational teams
- Health and Wellness competitions
- Lunch room with ping pong tables, foosball table and healthy snacks
IBI Group provides a competitive benefit package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are proud to support the growth and equality of our people through initiatives like our Mentorship Program, Global Women’s Network, and Diversity & Inclusion Council. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, race, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record. #ibi
We request applicants submit RESUME AND PORTFOLIO highlighting relevant work experience; please limit PDF files to 10MB.