We currently have an opening for a senior Landscape Architect. The successful applicant lead a wide range of assignments on projects large and small in a variety of urban and rural settings and will play a leading role in our landscape architecture, urban design and environmental design projects.
The successful applicant is expected to:
- Lead and manage UPLAND’s landscape architecture portfolio and projects;
- Meet deadlines and produce high-quality deliverables on multiple projects;
- Work collaboratively within multidisciplinary teams on complex projects;
- Be self driven and motivated;
- Exercise professional judgment on specific tasks;
- Be experienced in writing reports and research studies that are clear, professional, and persuasive; and
- Be willing to travel to work assignments throughout Atlantic Canada.
The position requires proficiency in communication techniques including excellent hand drawing skills and a solid knowledge of contemporary CAD, 3D modeling and graphic software including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and other drafting, graphic design and layout software.
Other required technical skills include:
- Creating conceptual and schematic design drawings and diagrams that convey key design themes or concepts;
- Preparing detailed design construction drawings and specifications;
- Preparing cost estimates;
- Layout, drafting and refinement of landscape architecture plans and design concepts at a variety of scales;
- Liaising with suppliers, fabricators, etc; and
- Writing professional reports that clearly and articulately explain complex ideas using plain language.
The candidates we will consider for this position will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of three years of work experience;
- Skills and experience in advanced data mapping, management and analysis;
- A master’s degree in landscape architecture;
- Excellent writing skills and confidence in public speaking;
- Advanced skills in AutoCAD and/or Vectorworks, Rhino, Sketchup, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign and other Adobe Creative Suite software (e.g., Photoshop);
- Eligible for membership to CSLA and/or APALA; and
- A valid driver’s license and passport/permanent residence card/work permit.