CITIZENS FIRST THROUGH SERVICE EXCELLENCE
We have an exciting Temporary Unionized opportunity in the
Parks Development Department for an experienced and motivated individual
(Contract – Up to 12 Months)
(JOB # J0918-0553)
Vaughan is a city on the move. With a downtown core rising from the ground, a state-of-the-art hospital under construction and a bustling subway, these exciting projects are transforming the community. Be part of something amazing and build your career at the City of Vaughan. As one of the fastest growing municipalities in Canada, we are committed to providing a thriving work environment, excellent benefits, learning and growth opportunities and a place where collaboration and teamwork is fostered. Excellence demands brilliant personalities, visionary thinking and a passion for public service. Vaughan is your place to grow.
Responsible for the planning, design, budget preparation, report writing, tender documents, contract inspections, and contract administration for park development, streetscaping, open space lands, and trail system; liaises with staff, developers, agencies, sports user groups, and the community at large; coordinates, trains, and oversees the work of Landscape Technician(s); coordinates, trains, and oversees clerical staff,; responsible for the management and administration of consultants, contractors, and agencies; reviews and comments on environmental assessments and official plan amendments as it relates to parkland and open space designation.
Qualifications and experience:
- University Degree (B.L.Arch.) in Landscape Architecture, or related discipline.
- Minimum of four (4) years related experience in the field of Landscape Architecture, and urban design, or active transportation planning preferably in a municipal environment.
- Full membership in the Ontario Association of Landscape Architects (O.A.L.A.)
- Knowledgable in park design and implementation projects within greenfield and urban intensification areas as well as re-development or existing parks and open space amenities.
- Strong Interpersonal, organizational, report writing, problem solving, and presentation skills, and the ability to work in a team environment are essential.
- The ability to deal effectively and courteously with the public, staff, City Departments, Senior Management, community groups, developers, consultants / contractors, external agencies, and other levels of government.
- Highly developed technical, analytical, design, graphic, and computer skills; working knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office software; working knowledge of computer software and techniques that are applicable to design, analysis, coordination, and construction contract administration is essential.
- Experience interpreting landscape, mechanical, electrical, and structural drawings and specifications; familiarity with the requirements for site grading and drainage plans; ability to prepare and administer construction contracts.
- Extensive project management experience in landscape construction and on-site experience including landscape construction techniques, methods, materials, and project scheduling.
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Planning Act.
- A valid Ontario ‘G’ driver’s license, in good standing, with access to a reliable vehicle for corporate use.
- Ability to work outside normal business hours, as required.
If you are an energetic person who is interested in bringing your knowledge and passion to the City of Vaughan, please click here to apply online by Tuesday, December 4, 2018.
Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The City of Vaughan is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The City of Vaughan is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.