Donohoe Design is seeking an experienced Landscape Architect for full-time or contract work. We’re looking for an individual who is resourceful, inquisitive, conscientious, driven and personable. We want someone who is passionate about what they do and who prides themselves on being a creative problem-solver.
For a decade, Donohoe Design has been creating bespoke gardens for high-end, single-family homes throughout the Greater Vancouver area. Our focus is to develop artistic, architectural, multi-sensory landscapes that our clients can connect to in a deep and lasting way. We take the time to build trusting relationships. We find out about who our clients are and how they live their lives to ensure that we design a landscape that meets their needs and reflects their dreams.
Donohoe Design offers a uniquely supportive and flexible work environment—including flexibility in your work day and work week; options to work remotely; competitive hourly wages; significant independence; and encouragement and support to grow within your career. Our office is conveniently located in Gastown and easily accessible by many modes of transit.
We honour an atmosphere where the ‘work/lifestyle balance’ isn’t just a catchphrase, and we all take pride in the work that we accomplish together. Donohoe Design has many exciting upcoming projects, and we look forward to bringing in a fresh perspective to these designs.
- A university undergraduate or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture or an equivalent design field, with full membership registration (or potential for full membership) with the BCSLA. 5-10 Years’ experience is ideal, but if you are under or over, we would still like to hear from you;
- Excellent computer skills with Vectorworks, AutoCAD, Sketch-Up (or alternative 3D modeling program such as 3D Max), and Adobe Creative Suite;
- Ability to create complete construction drawing packages, including drainage, grading, and construction details;
- Excellent local plant and landscape maintenance knowledge;
- Experience with cost estimating and fee budgeting;
- Familiarity with municipal permitting practices;
- Project management experience, and thorough knowledge of materials and landscape construction practices;
- A communicative, affable personality, and the ability to lead meetings with the client or contractor;
- A dynamic and adventurous approach to design.
If you would like to discuss your qualifications with us, please send your C.V. and digital portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. All successful applicants only will be contacted. Thank you for considering Donohoe Design for the future of your career.