UPLAND currently has an opening for a Landscape Architect with environmental graphic design and urban design skills. The successful applicant will be responsible for undertaking a wide range of assignments on projects large and small in a variety of urban and rural settings and will play a key role in our landscape architecture, urban design and environmental graphic design projects.
The successful applicant is expected to:
- Manage and lead projects;
- Meet deadlines and produce high-quality deliverables on multiple projects;
- Work collaboratively within multidisciplinary teams on complex projects;
- Be self driven, motivated and able to work independently;
- Exercise professional judgment on specific tasks;
- Be experienced in writing technical reports and research studies that are clear, professional, and persuasive; and
- Be willing to travel to work assignments throughout Atlantic Canada.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Create conceptual and detailed design drawings and related materials;
- Produce diagrams or graphic representations conveying key themes or concepts;
- Create hand and computer generated drawings or computer models;
- Prepare construction drawings and specifications;
- Lead and write high level Master Planning exercises;
- Layout, drafting and refinement of landscape architecture plans and design concepts at a variety of scales;
- Liaise as necessary with suppliers, fabricators, printing houses, etc;
- Write professional reports that clearly and articulately explain complex ideas using plain language; and
- Prepare signage and wayfinding designs and plans.
The position requires proficiency in communication techniques including excellent hand drawing skills and a solid knowledge of contemporary CAD and graphic software including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, PowerPoint and other drafting, graphic design and layout software.
The candidates we will consider for this position will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of four years of work experience;
- Skills and experience in advanced data mapping, management and analysis;
- A master’s degree in planning or landscape architecture;
- Excellent writing skills and confidence in public speaking;
- Advanced skills in AutoCAD and/or Vectorworks, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign and other Adobe Creative Suite software (e.g., Photoshop);
- Eligible for membership to CSLA and/or APALA; and
- A valid driver’s license and passport/permanent residence card/work permit.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit a CV, cover letter and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wages commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To learn more about UPLAND, please visit uplandstudio.ca