eta landscape architecture is a progressive, award winning Vancouver based landscape architecture firm with over 25 years of experience in the full spectrum of landscape typologies, with a focus on sustainability and high-quality design. We approach each project focused on client and user needs, on innovative and creative design, and always with a sensitivity to the environment. As a firm, we strive to work in a way that promotes a collaborative and supportive approach not only within the office but also with the clients and consultants we work with every day. eta is a hardworking and fast paced office, yet we strive to allow a balance in life. We work in a collaborative, team-based environment and camaraderie is a value shared among all colleagues. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to and be part of a supportive office culture.
eta is seeking an Intermediate Landscape Architect or Intern with 3- 5 years of experience working in a landscape architectural office. In addition to being creative and self-motivated, project management and client contact are key components to this person’s job description. The candidate will be responsible for concept design, design development and construction documentation, project management and site work.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead design, assist with detailing and oversee production of working drawings.
- Manage complex projects and provide design leadership on public and private projects.
- Apply your project management experience to the successful delivery of projects including leading the preparation of contract drawings documents, tender and contract administration services including site reviews and construction administration
Candidates for this Full-time position should have:
- A degree in Landscape Architecture from accredited program.
- A member of the BCSLA or eligible candidate/intern.
- A portfolio that illustrates the diversity of work completed as a Landscape Architect.
- Strong design and technical knowledge with an understanding of construction details, grading and layout plans, planting plans etc.
- Site work experience.
- Experience with Build Green and LEED.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills. Ability to present ideas and lead strategic discussions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet challenging project deadlines.
- High level of proficiency in the following software: Vectorworks, Word, Excel, InDesign, Photoshop. As eta is a Vectorworks based office, the successful candidate will be expected to become proficient if not already.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary commensurate with experience. After a 3 month probation period the candidate will be entitled to an excellent benefits package and ongoing education support.
Our portfolio of work can be viewed at www.etala.ca
Please forward a letter of interest, your resume and portfolio examples outlining your experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone inquiries please.