At EXP, we know that great experiences start with the right people. We believe that work should be challenging, and the challenge should be fun. We also believe that exponential possibilities are more likely to occur with a respectful, satisfying and empowering company. We value and respect our employees - their experience and expertise as well as their energy, passion and diversity - and their innovative approach to work and to life.
EXP Services Inc. is searching we are seeking a highly motivated Landscape Architect with exceptional design, communication and organizational skills to join our Calgary office. We are looking to grow with the best and brightest, with team members who aspire to expand our Landscape Architecture practice in Calgary, Western Canada and in throughout North America.
In this position, you will be part of an integrated team, you will lead and assist with the design, planning and execution of a variety of landscape architecture and infrastructure projects. The successful candidate will possess exemplary written and digital communication skills and a strategic and design-oriented perspective. You will be expected to lead business development assignments, manage multiple assignments, mentor staff and interact with existing and prospective clients and professionals across many disciplines.
A project team leader with the position and responsibility for design excellence, project management, client development and maintenance and staff mentoring and development including;
- Responsible for leading projects and teams for client projects and for discipline specific projects for internal clients.
- Execute and manage a variety of project types including complex landscape architectural designs.
- Work through design development and construction document phases to execute built work.
- Serve as a technical design expert in the office, mentor and train staff.
- Site analysis and design concept development including digital and hand-illustrated deliverables suitable to communicate design intent to clients and staff.
- Project scoping, scheduling and concept design through construction phase project management.
- Analysis, design reports and master plan preparations and narratives.
- Interface directly with clients and able to provide clear, well-articulated and solution-based recommendations.
- Maintain and strengthen client relationships and play a key role in client management and satisfaction.
- Interact with clients and provide representation of our practice for projects, project pursuits, strategic initiatives, promotional events and business development in collaboration with the practice leader and EXP leadership.
- Provide project development through relationships, vision, and leveraging in-house expertise.
- Prepare fee proposals, qualification packages and terms of reference for potential projects.
- Manage projects within the fee scope and timeframe.
The Skills, Knowledge and Abilities We Seek
- 10 – 15 years of professional design experience
- BLA, MLA degree
- Exceptional design and technical knowledge
- Team player
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Strong client relationship skills
- Previous experience working with a variety of clients including municipalities and private developers
- Public and stakeholder engagement
- Ability to work on multiple projects with aggressive delivery schedules
- Demonstrated ability to prepare high-quality design work and design presentations using hand graphics and relevant computer software (AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, InDesign, Microsoft Office Suite)
- Demonstrated experience and design excellence in several core areas of the practice including open space, parks and plazas, streetscapes, recreation and open space master planning and design, trails, greenways and transportation, land development and urban design, naturalized and resilient landscapes, and cultural landscapes.
- Strong communication, negotiation, interpersonal and time management skills;
- Experience managing staff, consultants, project teams, client relationships and complex projects;
- AALA or equivalent registration
- LEED Accreditation
- Revit / BIM experience would be considered an asset
- Land F/X experience would be considered an asset
What EXP Can Offer
With a mission to understand, innovate, partner and deliver, EXP provides engineering, architecture, design and consulting services to the world’s built and natural environments.
Our heritage dates back to 1906, when the earliest of EXP’s predecessor companies started its engineering infrastructure practice. Today, over 3,000 creative EXP professionals across North America provide the passion and expertise needed to deliver successful projects around the world.
Our promise is to offer you a challenging career in a positive and dynamic work environment, and it's a promise we take seriously.
Join a dynamic team at EXP that provides you with innovative projects, the capacity to develop your career, a full range of benefits, flexible working hours, and much more! When you explore what EXP has to offer, you’ll find exponential possibilities.
For more information, visit www.exp.com.