We’re currently looking for a Junior Landscape Designer to work on a wide range of project types and tasks, from visioning and conceptual design to contract administration. This role will be based out of the Toronto Studio.
Our landscape architecture team is firmly rooted in the belief that the journey though outdoor spaces can and should be an enlightened one. From landscape design, site planning, and environmental restoration to parks and recreation planning and stakeholder engagements; big or small, we can practically do it all. The landscape architecture team is dedicated to integrating a community’s people and nature through creative, innovative and sustainable design solutions.
Our Landscape Architecture | Urbanism | Planning team is 40 members strong across Canada and part of a larger inter-disciplinary collaborative design practice. We are working on a wide range of projects, large and small, throughout North America. Our work includes design for urban vibrancy, health and wellness, multi-modal transportation, arts and culture, retail and commercial, residential, education and research. In all cases, our specialty and spirit are founded on unique collaborations for projects, clients, and communities. What you will find here is passion without pretense, with people who are committed to building a brighter future for the communities we serve.
How you'll make a difference:
- Design conceptualization, as part of a multi-disciplinary design team
- Preparation of design drawings from concept through to contract documents, tender and contract administration services
- Preparation of 3D concept renderings and diagrams
- Preparation of reports and other documents
- Exploration of innovative design solutions as part of the creative process
- Provision of energy, enthusiasm and a passion for design
Who you are:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in Landscape Architecture
- Minimum 1 year, and up to 4 years, of experience in landscape architectural practice, ideally in a consulting environment
- Emerging level of design ability and technical knowledge are required, with an understanding of the landscape architect’s role in a consulting environment
- Demonstrable experience in conceptual design, design development and contract documentation
- Experience in Contract Administration and/or landscape construction an asset
- Proficiency in 3D modeling platforms is required; experience using REVIT an asset
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) is required
- Strong drawing, sketching and graphic communication skills are an asset
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently plus a commitment to working as part of a team
- A strong desire to take part in finding creative solutions that are environmentally responsible and technically sound
DIALOG is adopting a hybrid work culture, which we believe helps our people build the career and life they want, so you can be your best self, at work and home.
DIALOG celebrates diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive environment for all, free of discrimination and harassment. Employment-related decisions are made without regard to sex, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, age and race. In accordance with DIALOG’s Accommodation Policy, accommodations for people with disabilities are available upon request for candidates throughout the selection process.
Ready to start your journey?
Submit your resume, cover letter, and portfolio by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or through our website by clicking the Apply Now button.