Intern Landscape Architect / Intermediate Landscape Architectural Technologist / Irrigation Designer
ISL Engineering and Land Services Ltd. is an award-winning full-service consulting firm dedicated to working with all levels of government and the private sector to deliver planning and design solutions for transportation, water, land, and environmental projects.
Our commitment to client success is built on a strong foundation: we know the communities we serve. This local knowledge, combined with our range of expertise and depth of experience, helps us meet the unique challenges of every project and better understand the role of sustainable solutions in all phases of a project’s life cycle.
ISL Engineering and Land Services is proud to be among Canada’s 30 most environmentally-conscious employers as well as a Platinum Level Small and Medium Best Employer in Canada. ISL supports diversity and is an employment equity employer.
ISL offers an employer paid benefits plan, Group RRSP program, and competitive salaries with opportunities for annual bonus.
ISL's Landscape Architecture team handles all aspects of an assignment from site assessments, community visioning, concept development, master planning, presentation materials, environmental impact analysis, detailed contract drawings, and contract management. Every assignment begins with an integrated, idea-driven, collaborative design process that leads to a balance between the vision and the opportunities of the site. From regional to site specific, urban to rural to natural, the company’s talented landscape architects and designers create unique, client driven, high quality solutions that are user focused and sustainable.
We are seeking a talented, experienced and enthusiastic Intern Landscape Architect or Intermediate Landscape Architectural Technologist with Irrigation Design experience to join our Lethbridge team. This is a great opportunity for professional growth, development and advancement in our expanding team. We provide a diverse and challenging work experience in an energetic team-oriented and collaborative atmosphere of Landscape Architects, Urban Designers, Engineers, Planners and the Environmental Biologists. The successful applicant will be provided with the guidance and mentorship to develop new skills and techniques while continuing to grow their career in Landscape Architecture.
- Completion of technical drawings for a variety of public and private sector landscape architectural projects
- Irrigation Design for multiple offices
- Cost estimation, tendering, and production of contract documentation
- Management of contract administration and related tasks
- Assisting with or managing, contract administrative services
- Other related Landscape Architectural project tasks as assigned
- Diploma in Landscape Architectural Technology from an accredited institution or a relevant architectural degree
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a Landscape Architectural Technologist / Irrigation Design role
- Proficiency using AutoCAD, LandFX, Irrigation software
- Onsite field experience
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication (written & oral) skills, required
- Strong work ethic and a commitment to quality
- Self-starter and team player with ability to work with a variety of simultaneous projects
- Possession of a valid Class-5 license and vehicle
Please submit resume, cover letter and sample portfolio online.
Want to find out more about this or other ISL career opportunities?
Visit us online at www.islengineering.com