Claude Cormier et Associés is a design office recognized internationally for its approach to Landscape Architecture and Urban Design that strives to establish links between public art, urban design, and architecture. With a tenacious optimism in the power of design, the firm places a high value on conceptual rigour towards innovating meaningful, site specific, and sustainable solutions that enhance the experience of the public realm.
Claude Cormier et Associés is currently accepting resumes from qualified, enthusiastic graduates of landscape architecture to join our studio. We are seeking a talented individual who possesses strong design abilities, initiative, communication skills and an interest and aptitude in collaborating as part of a close-knit team. In addition to having strong organizational skills, resourcefulness, and self-motivation, the individual should also be curious, rigorous, and flexible. Candidates must have experience with the technical aspects of landscape architecture, including grading, planting design, construction documents, cost estimates and able to coordinate with other professionals. A good knowledge of plants would be an asset.
Description of tasks:
- Develop and prepare colour plans and presentation drawings;
- Conduct inventories of existing conditions and document site analyses;
- Develop designs and drawings from preliminary concepts and sketches;
- Make decisions regarding vegetation and materials;
- Assist with delivering complete drawings sets and specifications for execution;
- Coordinate with other professionals, architects, employees, surveyors, etc;
- Perform in the preparation of reports;
- Preparation of cost estimates;
- Site supervision.
- 5 to 8 years professional experience in a recognized office in Landscape Architecture;
- A Master and/or a bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture and/or urban design;
- Technique and/or bachelor in architecture (an asset)
- The following software proficiencies are required:
AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Office, Adobe CS, Sketch UP and other 3D modeling software.
- Excellent communication in oral and written English (knowledge of French an asset);
Claude Cormier et Associés provides a dynamic and creative team-oriented studio with comprehensive benefits (as Group insurance) and competitive compensation (as per the guidelines of the Quebec Association of Landscape Architects – AAPQ)
Please send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio with samples of work to demonstrate design and experience. Note that you will have to provide 2 references.
Send via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The submittal deadline is: May 13, 2019
We would like to thank all who show interest in this position. Only those candidates being considered will be contacted.