ISL's Landscape Architecture team handles all aspects of an assignment from site assessments, community visioning, concept development, master planning, presentation materials, environmental impact analysis, detailed contract drawings, and contract management. Every assignment begins with an integrated, idea-driven, collaborative design process that leads to a balance between the vision and the opportunities of the site. From regional to site specific, urban to rural to natural, the company’s talented landscape architects and designers create unique, client driven, high quality solutions that are user focused and sustainable.
We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic Intermediate Landscape Architect to join our Calgary team. This is a great opportunity to grow your career and gain immediate professional growth, development and advancement in our expanding young team. We provide a diverse and challenging work experience in an energetic team-oriented and collaborative atmosphere of Landscape Architects, Urban Designers, Engineers, Planners and Environmental Biologists. The successful applicant will have a deep understanding of design, be a proficient writer, technically savvy and have construction administration experience.
Responsibilities may include:
- Prepare design deliverables including technical drawings for a variety of public and private sector projects
- Cost estimation, tendering, and production of contract documentation
- Management of contract administration and related tasks
- Assisting with or managing, contract administrative services
- Preparation of reports and documents
- Preparation of proposals, graphics or other materials for marketing purposes
- Assistance with project management tasks
- Other related Landscape Architectural project tasks as assigned
- Degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited institution, with eligibility for registration as an AALA (Associate)
- Proficiency using AutoCAD, LandFX, Sketch Up, Indesign, Rhino and Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient and adaptable design skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication (written & oral) skills, required
- Strong work ethic and a commitment to quality
- Self-starter and team player with ability to work with a variety of simultaneous projects
- Possession of a valid Class-5 license and vehicle
- 3-5 years’ related experience minimum
Please submit resume, cover letter and sample portfolio online.
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community.
- We work on fascinating projects right in our community.
- We are nimble. We integrate the right team to solve our clients' biggest challenges.
- We are social. Follow our hashtag #isllife on Twitter and Instagram or check out our YouTube Channel.
- We get together. Every year, Staff Development Seminar brings together ISLers from all over western Canada to learn, share and connect.
- We are independent problem solvers. Employee owned and operated, we like to work hard with minimum bureaucracy.
- We encourage and reward high performance. Employer paid benefits plan, Group RRSP, and competitive salaries with opportunities for annual bonus.
Want to find out more about this or other ISL career opportunities?
Visit us online at www.islengineering.com