ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
CivicWorks has an exciting opportunity for a Graphics Specialist to join our growing Calgary studio. The successful candidate will be an integral member of the team, employing technical knowledge and a creative approach to develop and produce clear and compelling content, layouts, and finished assets to support our team’s planning and development projects. You will be responsible for ensuring excellence in graphic standards and working with the CivicWorks studio to produce engaging, quality, visual content for our municipal and private sector clients.
- Design layouts and processes to deliver a wide range of visual assets/materials and produce documents from design concept to final format.
- Create 2-D graphics and produce and/or help provide direction and coordination of 3-D models and visualizations.
- Create graphic design materials for print and online environments, including websites, handouts, newsletters, signage, advertisements, and digital marketing assets.
- Contribute to the development, maintenance and updating of graphics, visual identity, and brand guidelines across projects.
- Develop user-friendly templates and provide support to internal teams on working with templates and adhering to brand standards.
- Be current by generating engaging, memorable visual and copy concepts by researching design trends and best practices, new technologies and applications.
Open: February 19, 2021 | Close: March 12, 2021
Full-time | 37.5 hours / week
CivicWorks offers competitive salaries, health and lifestyle benefits, and a progressive work environment. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- A background in urban planning, architecture, graphic design, design, marketing, or communications. If you are coming at this from another angle, let us know how it fits in.
- Proficiency in a wide range of media formats and design software technologies, including Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Additional proficiency in 3-D modeling, rendering, and mapping software such as AutoCAD, Maya, SketchUp, V-Ray, Rhino, and GIS will be considered an asset.
- An individual who is responsible, organized, accountable, and committed to excellence on all levels.
- A demonstrated ability to collaborate with others to develop, fine-tune and produce effective visual concepts, designs, and layouts.
- A demonstrated ability to create and maintain a consistent and audience-appropriate standard of graphic design across web, print and multi-media materials.
- A good understanding of the dynamics of social media and what they mean to a brand and business strategy.
CivicWorks is a Calgary-based client-focused, design-forward, and outcome-driven urban planning and design consultancy. We act for city-builders who shape our communities for a better future. We are a team of urbanists with a hybrid skill set in planning, physical design, communications, and information architecture. We practice a disruptive brand of urban planning to realize socially, environmentally, and economically sustainable urban places.
Visit www.civicworks.ca/contact to apply.
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio (maximum 12 pages)