Business Development Manager-Senior Landscape Architect
Are you ready for a challenge? Lashley + Associés is seeking an enthusiastic, talented, experienced, and motivated Business Development Manager – Senior Landscape Architect to join our team for our Montreal office.
LASHLEY + Associés is a progressive, energetic, and award-winning Landscape Architecture practice with offices located in Ottawa and Montréal. Our practice utilizes a forward- thinking and a sustainable approach to design urban, rural, and natural environments for clients and projects in central and eastern Canada. As designers and proud stewards of the land, we are focused on the development of resources for the betterment of society and nature. We are committed to providing excellence in design and service to our clients.
The company provides a collaborative, open-concept office environment for both our Ottawa and Montréal offices. Our team is comprised of engaging, talented, and motivated professionals from a variety of backgrounds, all with unique skills and experience that combine to create a strong and supportive company. The company has 14 employees and support staff in both of our offices. The Montréal office serves clients for projects in Montreal Quebec, West Quebec, and Gatineau, as well as collaborative work with the Ottawa office in the National Capital Region.
It is expected that the successful candidate will develop and build our client base in Québec; will lead the design team in our Montreal office, and manage resources to support our Québec projects.
We are looking for an ambitious, energetic, and experienced Senior Landscape Architect who will guide business development for our Montreal office. As a business development manager, you will help us expand our client base in both the public and private sectors in Québec with particular attention to Montréal and West Quebec. As a Senior Landscape Architect, you will be the design lead and office principal responsible for guiding staff through all aspects of the project stream, from concept to contract administration.
You will be the face of the company in Montreal and will have the dedication to create and apply an effective strategy to obtain new clients and guide the successful planning, design and implementation of projects.
You will drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients, while ensuring our design quality maintains the highest standards. Responsibilities
Business Development Manager
• Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction
• Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs
• Arrange business meetings with prospective clients
• Promote the company’s products/services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives
• Prepare service proposals, ensuring adherence to company protocols, lawestablished rules and company guidelines established with senior management
• Provide trustworthy feedback and customer support
• Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers
• Develop entry level staff into valuable and empowered business developers
Senior Landscape Architect
• Prepare service proposals with assistance from senior management and staff resources.
• Be the lead design for projects either independently or with staff and subconsultants
• Work with staff to provide detailed design, written reports, contract documents and construction administration services for projects
• Coordinate resources for various projects
• Participate actively on the company’s senior management team to guide company direction in Montreal
• Assist with recruitment and development of new staff resources for the company in Montreal.
• Proven working experience as a Landscape Architect with excellence in planning and design for a minimum of 10 years o Proven working experience managing landscape architectural staff for projects o Proven excellence in oral, written, and graphic communications o Excellence in technical landscape design skills o Proven experience in with preparation of construction specifications o Proven experience with federal, provincial, and municipal approval processes and standards in Quebec
• A post-secondary degree from an accredited university in Landscape Architecture
• Proven working experience as a business development manager or a relevant role o A post-secondary degree or diploma or experience in business administration, sales or relevant field is an asset.
• Montreal Market knowledge for landscape architecture • Contacts within the Montreal Landscape Architectural community
• Communication and negotiation skills
• Ability to build rapport
• Time management and planning skills
• Software Proficiency in AutoCAD or equivalent, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office Suite and Project Management software o 3D rendering programs are an asset
• Proficiency in French and English is a requirement
• Membership or ability to become a full member of the Association des Architectes Paysagistes du Québec (AAPQ) and/or the Ontario Association of Landscape Architects (OALA)
• Additional candidate assets may include:
o LEED or SITE certification o ISA or Forestry consultant association membership o Other related degrees or diplomas
LASHLEY + Associés provides a professional and energetic working environment in a collaborative office setting utilizing the resources of both of Ottawa and Montreal offices.
Our Montreal office is conveniently located in the Mile End neighbourhood of Plateau Mont-Royal. You can find more information about our firm, staff, projects, and our working environment at www.LashleyLA.com
We offer competitive salary, vacation, and employment benefits and strive to provide a work environment based on healthy work-life balance respecting individual goals. We will offer a signing bonus to the successful candidate.
Direct your submission, including:
• covering letter
• contact information
• detailed CV
• list of proven competencies, and
• brief PDF portfolio supporting the competencies
to our HR manager by email at: careers@LashleyLA.com before November 30, 2021.
Thank you to all interested candidates who make a submission for our consideration; however, only candidates of interest will be contacted for an interview.