New Application Platform
The CSLA will be using a web-based application platform for all awards and honors going forward. Please follow the steps, below, to make a submission:
- Read the awards guidelines, below
- Create an account on this website, click on the "Apply" tab at the top of the page, then click on the application form for this award.
By creating an account with Good Grants, you will be able to save your application and return to it at another time. You will use this same account for all other submissions, including for the 2024 Awards of Excellence.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any trouble using the application platform.
Election to the College of Fellows is one of the highest honours bestowed on members of the CSLA. Its purpose is to recognize achievement, further the high quality of the profession, mentor other professionals and work to benefit the community.
Submissions must be received by e-mail before 4 p.m. EST January 19th, 2024. Late or incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
The Nomination Process
Who may be a nominator? The nominator must be a CSLA member in good standing but does not have to be a member of the College of Fellows. If the nominator is not a Fellow, one of the endorsers must be a Fellow.
Who may be nominated? Full Members of the CSLA may be nominated for Fellowship.
- Nominations MUST be made on this form and shall be based on recent detailed information respecting the activities and achievements of the nominee.
- Confidentiality: The candidate is NOT to be aware that his/her name has been submitted for consideration.
- The same person may be re-nominated in succeeding years. However, the original submission must be revised, and supplemental or additional information added as applicable.
- The Board of Directors of the CSLA and the College of Fellows Executive Committee may nominate qualified persons from the membership at large.
The nomination package must provide clear evidence that the nominee meets the requirements of the College for outstanding contribution and professional excellence. Outstanding contribution will generally be considered as a contribution which stands above and beyond longstanding, competent practice of the profession.
The nominator must clearly justify that the nominee’s contributions to the profession, in the selected categories, are exemplary.
How will the CSLA treat the nomination submissions? Nomination material of successful candidates will be retained in the CSLA archives and remain confidential. All submission material relating to candidates who are unsuccessful will not be retained.
How will nominators be notified of the results of their submissions? Nominators of both successful and unsuccessful submissions will learn of the results of their submission from either the Chair or Secretary once the jury has completed its review. Comments on the submissions, either successful or unsuccessful, will not be shared with the nominators.
Will Fellows-Elect be advised who nominated them for Fellowship? The nominator of a Fellow-Elect shall always remain confidential.
Any questions regarding the nomination process or requirements may be directed to Wendy Shearer, Secretary of the College of Fellows, via email, at least one week before the deadline at email@example.com. The investiture ceremony for the Fellows-Elect will be held during the CSLA Congress, to be held in Winnipeg, MB, May 30th to June 1st, 2024.