What can you do to celebrate WLAM?
1. Submit a photo of a site designed by a landscape architect
How? Download and print the "Designed by a landscape architect" cards. Cut them out and bring them with you. When you find a site designed by a landscape architect, take a picture of the site with the card in view. E-mail the picture to email@example.com or upload it to the CSLA's Facebook page!
2. Distribute the 2017 WLAM Poster Competition
3. Add the WLAM logo to your e-mail signature
4. Check out the lists of suggested activities, tips and promotional tools, below
The CSLA has prepared a presentation which can be used to promote WLAM.
The CSLA’s World Landscape Architecture Month logo represents the biodiversity of Canada within a global context, and the breadth of practices by landscape architects in the urban and rural environment. The WLAM logo will be used to promote and build awareness that every April our profession celebrates the contribution landscape architects offer Canada. CSLA members will use the logo to brand emails, letters, presentations and other communications tools. The logo was conceived and designed by Brad Lindeburgh, CSLA, and Jonathan Liu, BFA, with assistance from the rest of the Stantec Calgary Planning & Landscape Architecture group. It originated from the 2009 World Landscape Architecture Month celebrations held in the Calgary Office as a way to catch the eye of everyone in the building and has been subsequently been refined with input from the CSLA. CLICK HERE to download the WLAM Logo
- Distribute copies of Landscapes|Paysages magazine in your local coffee shops - contact Michelle Legault, CLSA Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain copies of the magazine
- Mail the CSLA's WLAM Poster to members of parliament and other friends of the profession (click here to see a template letter from the CSLA) (click here to see a template letter from the OALA)
- Send a letter to local educational institutions (click here to see a template letter from APALA)
- Ask the mayor of your city or town to proclaim "landscape architecture day" (click here to see a template letter from BCSLA)
- Add the WLAM Logo to your e-mail signature during April: WLAM Logo
Every April Canadian landscape architects join their colleagues around the world to celebrate our profession. April is the perfect month to share our profession and reach out to our communities, notable for Earth Day (April 22nd) and the birthday of Frederick Law Olmsted (April 27th), founder of the landscape architecture profession in North America.
The Purpose of the CSLA WLAM program is to provide resources to:
- bring local and national recognition and awareness to the profession, Landscape Architects, and works of landscape architecture in Canada;
- encourage public participation and interest in events and activities related to landscape architecture; and,
- encourage people (particularly young people) to consider a career in landscape architecture.