- CSLA & OALA 2018 CONFERENCE REGISTRATION: It will be held in Toronto from April 5th to 7th. Register today!
- GOVERNOR GENERAL'S MEDAL IN LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE: The call for nominations will close on April 16th, 2018.
- RECOGNITION AWARDS: Nominate a deserving colleague for a Community Service Award, Teaching Award, Lifetime Achievement Award, Emerging Professionals Award or Schwabenbauer Award for service to the Society. The deadline for nominations is March 2nd, 2018.
- ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING: The CSLA AGM will be held on Saturday, April 7th, 2018, in Toronto. If you can't participate in person, participate by proxy. Learn how...
Recognize a Colleague with a CSLA Recognition Award - the deadline is March 2nd
The CSLA Recognition Awards include the following:
- Lifetime Achievement Award, which honors a member of the CSLA whose lifetime achievements and contributions to the profession have had a unique and lasting impact on the welfare of the public and on the environment
- Community Service Award, recognizes public agencies and community groups who have contributed significantly to environmental responsibility
- Teaching Award, which recognizes an individual who has made a substantial and significant contribution to landscape architecture education
- Emerging Professional Award, which honours professionals in the early stages of their career
- Schwabenbauer Award, in recognition of a CSLA member's unselfish and devoted service to the CSLA.
Notice of CSLA Annual General Meeting
Members of the Canadian Society of Landscape Architects (CSLA) are hereby notified of the 2018 Annual General Meeting. If you are unable to attend the meeting, please submit a proxy form (see below).
Note that the AGM will be held during the CSLA-OALA Conference.
Date: Saturday, April 7th, 2018
Time: 8 to 10 am
Location: Metropolitan Ballroom, Westin Harbour Castle Hotel, Toronto
Participation by Proxy
If you cannot assist in person, you can participate by proxy. The deadline to submit your proxy is 1 April 2018.
Your Exceptional Work Deserves International Exposure and Recognition - Submit to the AZ Awards Now!
The 8th Annual AZ Awards is now open for submissions. Launched in 2011 by Toronto-based media brand AZURE, the annual AZ Awards has become one of the most influential and significant design and architecture awards programs worldwide. Entries are juried by a panel of international design experts at the forefront of their professions. Finalists and winners of the AZ Awards greatly benefit from the exposure and international recognition they receive through this widely recognized competition: they get published in Azure’s Annual AZ Awards Issue, on Azure’s online and social media channels, and on the communication platforms of AZ Awards’ international media partners. Winners are revealed at the AZ Awards Gala in Toronto on June 22, 2018.
Presented by Cosentino, Keilhauer and Laminam, the 2018 AZ Awards offers the opportunity for design and architecture professionals worldwide to step into the spotlight, elevate their profile, and raise public awareness for their firm and their clients.
The AZ Awards are open to:
• Landscape Architects
• Interior Designers
• Product Designers
• Product Manufacturers
• Students in design-related disciplines
SUBMISSIONS CLOSE: FEBRUARY 23, 2018
Online entry portal and more information at awards.azuremagazine.com
For Sale- Shade Sails
Ottawa 2017, the organization responsible for Ottawa's CANADA 150 Celebrations, is selling two shade sails (download specs) for 50% off the retail price of approximately 10,000$.
For more information, contact
Editor-in-Chief for LP Magazine Wanted
The CSLA invites applications for the editor-in-chief position of LP Magazine: the deadline for applications is 23 February. Learn more...
LACF Awards $22 000 in Grants for 2018
The Landscape Architecture Canada Foundation (LACF) is pleased to announce the recipients of its 2018 grants in support of research, communication and scholarship.
It is with deep regret that the CSLA announces the passing of member Benoit Bégin.
IFLA Calls for Nominees for the Sir Geoffrey Jellicoe Award
The deadline for nominations is March 1st, 2018. This is IFLA's highest honour. More information can be found on the IFLA website http://iflaonline.org
IFLA Has opened the voting procedures for the 2018 World Level elections for:
- IFLA President
- IFLA Treasurer
- IFLA Standing Committee Chair on Communications and External Relations (CER)
- IFLA Standing Committee Chair on Education and Academic Affairs (EAA)
- IFLA Standing Committee Chair on Professional Practice and Policy (PPP)
The call for nominations has a deadline of Wednesday, 28 February 2018 at 19.00 (Brussels Time, Central European Time Zone). Learn more at iflaonline.org
The MIT Press Offers CSLA Members a Generous Discount
The MIT Press is offering CSLA members a 30% discount on all titles in the landscape architecture list ordered directly from their website at https://mitpress.mit.edu/. The discount code is MCSLA30 - it can be used more than once and for multiple titles, is good for both print and e-editions, and will not expire. Learn more about John R. Stilgoe's What is Landscape?
CSLA Members Save Insurance Costs Through Mumby Insurance Inc.
Mumby's disability insurance plan is much more affordable than other plans and members benefit from up to 60% off on group home and auto. Learn more...