The 2018 CSLA and OALA Conference will be held from Thursday, April 5th, 2018 to Saturday, April 7th, 2018 at the Westin Harbour Castle in Toronto.
Call for Sponsors and Exhibitors
The Canadian Society of Landscape Architects (CSLA) in partnership with the Ontario Association of Landscape Architects (OALA) is pleased to announce the 2018 Conference Sponsor Program.
The Conference is the premier networking and educational event for the growing Canadian landscape architecture profession. The CSLA represents all major decision-makers from Canada’s landscape architecture profession, including landscape architects from private practices, educational facilities, municipalities, government ministries and agencies. The Conference provides a rare opportunity to engage with a cross-section of industry leaders.
Reach those working today to shape our landscape. We invite you to participate in this exciting event.
A range of sponsorship benefit options are available for participation in this unique opportunity. We look forward to your support as both a sponsor and participant.
Moving Forward: Addressing Society's Challenges Through New Paradigms in Landscape Architecture
The profession of landscape architecture in Canada is over 100 years old. In 2018, the OALA will celebrate its 50th anniversary. Canadian landscape architects were associated and organized as early as 1934; they celebrated the profession's achievements, promoted its benefits and grew the profession into a force for better communities, healthy societies and greener infrastructures.
The profession of landscape architecture is critical to creatively resolving important emerging societal issues. These include increased infrastructure demands, the need for resiliency and sustainability in design, new uses of landscapes, and protecting, preserving and respecting historical places. By learning from the past, this conference aims to explore how landscape architects will contribute to solving these issues in the future. Questions to explore include:
- the expanding role of the landscape architect in a quickly urbanizing world;
- establishing new paradigms of collaboration as a model for good solutions, including working in interdisciplinary teams;
- the increasing role of the city region, including its place and ecologies in our landscape;
- re-defining placemaking, particularly as it applies to the issue of land ownership and indigenous rights;
- the use of new technology and innovation in contemporary landscape architecture;
- the need and desire for increasingly resilient and aesthetic urban design to respond to our changing climate.
The conference will kick off on Thursday, April 5th with a welcome reception. Other events include:
- CSLA and OALA Annual General Meetings
- Trade Show
- Keynote Speaker
- Educational Sessions
- OALA 50th Anniversary and Awards Gala
- College of Fellows Investiture Ceremony
- CSLA Awards Gala
Registration for the event will open in January, 2018. Rates will be as follows:
- Members' pre-registration (until February 28th, 2018) - $425.00
- Members' regular registration (March 1st to March 20th, 2018) - $475.00
- Members' late registration (March 20th to April 7th, 2018) - $525.00
- Associate members - $125.00
- Non-members - $525.00
- Student registration - $75.00
Reservations at the Westin Harbour Castle can be made by calling 1 888 627 8559 and quoting the following group name "CSLA-OALA Conference 2018". To make reservations online, please CLICK HERE.
The standard room rate is $229, plus a 2.66% destination marketing fee.