GLEN MANNING, JOANNE MORAN, CLAUDE POTVIN AND R. MARK SCHOLLEN WILL BE INVESTED INTO THE CSLA COLLEGE OF FELLOWS
Ottawa – 28 June 2017 - The CSLA College of Fellows will welcome four new members to the College of Fellows during the Congress of the World Design Summit to be held at the Palais des Congrès in Montreal on October 19th, 2017, in recognition of their outstanding contributions to the profession over an extended period of time. They are:
- Glen Manning, MALA, OALA, SALA, CSLA - for Executed Works, Service to the Community or the Public and Direct Service to the Society
- Joanne Moran, OALA, CSLA - for Direct Service to the Society
- Claude Potvin, AAPQ, CSLA - for Direct Service to the Society and Administrative Professional Work in Public Agencies
- R. Mark Schollen OALA, CSLA - for Executed Works and Professional Writing
About the CSLA College of Fellows
Induction to the College of Fellows is one of the highest honours the Society bestows on its members. Candidates for Fellowship may be nominated by individuals through their CSLA component association.
Members eligible for nomination for Fellowship are landscape architects with at least twelve continuous years as full members of CSLA. They also should be recognized as having made outstanding contributions to the profession through excellence in:
- Executed works,
- Administrative professional work in public agencies,
- Professional university instruction,
- Professional writing,
- Through service to the community or the public, and
- Direct service to the CSLA.
A jury of five Fellows, representing regions across Canada, will select the new Fellows based on extensive submissions documenting each candidate’s contributions to the profession.
Since the inception of the CSLA's College of Fellows in 1964, only 229 members have been given the prestigious designation “FCSLA”, making it a true distinction and honour conferred by the Society.
The Call for Nominations to the College of Fellows is launched in January of every year, when the nomination form is posted on the website.
Executive Committee of the College of Fellows
Alan Duncan, BCSLA, FCSLA
Linda A. Irvine, OALA, FCSLA
Wendy Graham, AAPQ, FCSLA
Wendy Shearer, OALA, FCSLA